Currently, Jackson Township Police Department has no open positions.
The Jackson Township Police Department utilizes an ongoing testing process for candidates who may be interested in employment in order to insure that the best candidates are always available for hire.
The department also uses a process by which all officers, after completing the hiring process, begin in a part-time status. After completing an extensive training program, these part-time officers are then assigned to a schedule and duties assigned to police officers. As full time positions become available, part time officers interested in testing for a full time position compete through an assessment center process.
The department seeks to employ officers who are interested in a progressive department which emphasizes hard work and interaction with the community.
Minimum requirements for a candidate to apply for a position with the Jackson Township Police Department are as follows:
- Applicants must be 21 years old at the time of submitting their application;
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 30 college credits (verifiable);
- The candidate must have successfully completed the MPOETC Act 120 Basic Training Course and provide proof of completion;
- Must be a United States Citizen;
- Must be able to have a valid motor vehicle operator's license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania upon date of hire;
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of a police officer;
- Be free of any criminal record or excessive traffic violations.
Once a candidate has submitted their application along with the $40.00 processing fee, the candidate begins a testing process which consists of the following steps:
- Written Examination
- Written Assesment
- Oral Interview
- Oral Exam
- Physical Agility Test
- Firearms Qualification
- Physical Examination
- Psycological Examination
- Credit Check
- Drug Screen
- Extensive Background Investigation
- Final Interview
Applications may be picked up at the Jackson Township Public Safety Building, 225 Perry Highway (Rt 19) Harmony, PA 16037.